Sunday, August 28, 2011

Everything Is Bigger In Texas

I always think of how I sound, like high and whinny when I'm sad or not understandable when I am excited or tryin to tell something funny. What I notice the most is my horrible accent that I acquired from living in this god forsaken state since birth. I honestly don't like texas because I have been here too long and its always either too hot or too cold and from what I have heard about Michigan and other states, Texas is quite boring. But thats not what I wanted to rant about.

Why and how did Texans gain an accent? I know people sound different from different states but how did ours get so drawly and lazy. I constantly use words like ya'll but I draw the line at howdy and yonder. I refuse to use those worda only because it seems so freaking tacky. I think howdy was supposed to be 'how do you do' before a cowboy remixed that phrase. I can't think of where yonder came from.....

Lucky me some people can't hear my accent. I'm thinking they must be hard of hearing because it's there believe me. One woman asked if I was from an island because how I talked, another thought I was from washington..strange because I have only left this state once to visit good old Florida last summer for a week. No chance of me being from anywhere else.

Idk, I guess I just wanted to complain about being southern with an accent blah blah. The accent I do love and wish I had was the australian brand lol. Omg Ryan Kwanten from true blood has an awesome accent in real life. I could listen to those peeps talk all freaking day. Especially him what with the hotness factor and all.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment